The Official Trailer for Batman: Arkham Knight!
Batman-News.com has the low down on what to expect from the new game…
- Next-gen only.
- Single player only. No multiplayer.
- Arkham Knight isn’t just the name of the game, it’s also the name of a brand new villain. Rocksteady is working with DC’s Geoff Johns to create the character from scratch.
- Batman starts the game in the Arkham City suit, but gets a new costume early on.
- Takes place in a central zone of Gotham City split into 3 islands. 5 times bigger than Arkham City.
- The level of detail in Gotham City is some of the most impressive Game Informer has ever seen in a video game.
- Takes place one year after Arkham City.
- With The Joker dead, Gotham’s villains come together to try to take down Batman.
- Scarecrow, Two-Face, Penguin, and Harley Quinn are all confirmed.
- Kevin Conroy is back as Batman. Troy Baker is Two-Face, Nolan North is Penguin, Tara Strong is Harley Quinn, and Wally Wingert is Ridder.
- Batman visits with Oracle in the game, she’s not just a voice in his earpiece anymore.
- Cut scenes are all done in game, so it doesn’t feel like you’re playing a game and then watching a movie.
- The characters are incredibly detailed. One has the polygon count of Arkham Aslyum, the whole environment.
- Batman’s cape and character’s clothing reacts realistically to wind and movement.
- All quick-fire gadgets can now be used during flight.
- Batman can perform a quick ground strike to downed opponents.
- Interrogations are back.
- Batman can incorporate the environment into his combat combos like never before.
- Fear takedowns allow Batman to take out multiple enemies in slow motion, as long as he isn’t spotted.
- This is Rocksteady’s last Batman game. There will be a clear ending to their Arkham trilogy. It’s possible that WB Games Montreal may still make Batman games set in the Arkham Origins time period.
- Rocksteady set out to make the best car in any game ever.
- It’s so detailed it would take up the space of an entire Xbox 360 game.
- It’s the only drive-able vehicle.
- Players can bring the Batmobile to their location with the press of a button.
- It can do burnouts, jumps, boosts, and even rotate in circles at a full stop to get you pointed in the right direction.
- It can smash through barricades, trees, and building corners.
- Batman can eject out of the Batmobile and go directly into gliding through the city.